First, a BIG Thank you to WoW Insider for the two links to my blog. One for Auctioneer and the other on my Val’anyr posts! Seeing my traffic jump and my RSS subscription numbers rise is a bit stressful… it means I really need to write better for you guys!
With 3.1 officially released, tonight will be a big night for many End-Game Raiding Guilds who are aching for new content.
Find a mirror if you haven’t already pre-downloaded it using the Blizzard downloader.
Wowwiki has a great list of mirrors located here.
Update Your Essential Mods
Notice how I said essential… your non-essential mods you likely can live without on release day, and you can configure the updated (if applicable) versions later in the week. (That is, of course, assuming your guild is on a fast push into Ulduar).
- Not a TON of mods were broken, but if you use the Curse Updater be sure to update your mods to get the most recent version.
- Note that WoWMatrix will no longer be supported, so get the WoWInterface or Curse Updater!! Details on news is available here.
- DBM may need to be installed separately if they don’t release a 3.1 version. (I have the Beta/PTR version installed)
- No Stock UI has a great post about Mods for 3.1
Specs, Glyphs, and Gems
Your Talent Points are going to be refunded and Dual Spec’s will be available. Be ready to
- Research your specs and be ready with a RAID VIABLE spec.
- Priests I highly reccommend reading my post about 3.1 specs here.
- Certain specs will need to change glphys. I know I am stacking a bit more Int than I did in the past to harness mana restoration, and try to offset the Spirit Regen nerf.
- New Glyphs will be available, befriend your guild Scribes! (WTB – Glyph of Penance pst!)
Many guilds will be pushing hard in 3.1, I highly recommend reading www. ulduar.com (Stratfu’s site)
Raid leaders and guilds should read the bosses after Flame Leviathan as you will need to choose who you want to go after next!
GET READY TO RUUUUMBLE!
- Create your iTunes playlist
- Bring focus
- Sign up for the weeks raids
- Bring patience to raids, learning new encounters can be frustrating.
GOOD LUCK! And enjoy Ulduar!
Don’t miss a single post! Remember to sign up for my RSS feed.