The holidays have left me with little time, so I’m adding a new feature here at Tales: The Humor Hut. It just offers some random silliness on the occasional weekend, while leaving our week day posts for more practical things such as guides, strategies and theory discussions.
For the first installment, many of our readers seem to enjoy the rants of one of our guild officers, Ranedor, and his limited tolerance for stupidity as demonstrated by his responses to some of our more intellectually challenged applicants in our “Land of Denied Applications” or his commentary & play through on games in our Dark Nemesis: Let’s Play section. After numerous PuGs this holiday weekend, I thought I would share one of his very practical & educational posts from our guild forums.
The Ready Check boss encounter seems to be giving our guild the most problems, since many of our members lack common-fucking-sense; so I’ve decided to write up a strategy to help you all rise above your shortcomings and defeat this encounter. The encounter itself is pretty straightforward, which is possibly the very thing that’s screwing a lot of people up.
- Your reputation with The Raid Leader will increase by 100.
- Your reputation with The Raid will increase by 100.
- Chance to fuckup during boss encounter due to whining about not being fully buffed and prepared before the pull will decrease by 300%.
- The Raid’s Pulling Haste rating will increase by 428.
- Chance that Ranedor will laugh at you for being fucking stupid will decrease by 5%.
**Please notice there is no “Maybe” button, and that you are either (A) Ready, or (B) Not Ready.
When answering, the following guidelines should be adhered to as much as possible:
- You do not have full health.
- You do not have full mana.
- You do not have every buff you’re supposed to have for the boss encounter.
- You have not buffed every group/class you’ve been assigned to.
- You do not have a complete understanding of the boss strategy.
- You are not prepared, in whatever possible manner.
- You have full health.
- You have full mana.
- You have every buff you’re supposed to have for the boss encounter.
- You have buffed every group/class you’ve been assigned to.
- You have a complete understanding of the boss strategy.
- You are prepared, in every possible manner.
The nicest thing about this encounter is probably the fact that you can practice it over and over and over again, until you have absolutely mastered it.
Invite a random guildmate, convert the group to a raid, and ask them to endlessly Ready Check until you feel comfortable with your button-clicking abilities.
Ret Paladin & Evil Guild Officer
Ranedor can be in his found in his secret volcano lair, & on twitter: @ranedor86
Don’t miss a single post! Remember to sign up for our RSS feed.